From today onwards you will see me posting more health tips. Its just that i gained few pounds recently and i sure did not like that one bit so i started googling and looking up more healthy food and learning their benefits.
Below are some of the benefits that lemon water contain:
1. Boosts immune system: Lemons are known to have vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
2. Balances pH: Drinking lemon water everyday will reduce body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
3. Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
4. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear and live as well. It can be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
7. Freshens breath: It can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt coughs. It’s helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.