Android 4.3 will bring several new features for Galaxy S4 to Galaxy S3 and Note 2, while making Galaxy Gear (Watch) compatible with the three devices. Some of the noteworthy features include OpenGL 3.0 support, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, always-on Wi-Fi location reporting even if Wi-Fi is off, support for more languages and performance improvements.
It is just a matter of time until we see the new update “Jelly Bean 4.1” coming to the Andriod devices, and we know that this update is not just a minor one but its actually bringing more stability and faster processing for them as well.
But the bad news is that the manufacturer has not unveiled what we were expecting to hear. In other words, no exact release date for the update has been given.
Here i list some of the new features that will be included:
- Project Butter has brought smoother and faster feeling user interface
- Improved notification center with expandable and actionable notifications
- Updated widget behavior
- Improved camera and gallery apps for easy photo snapping and sharing
- Improved keyboard behavior with with word prediction
- Added Accessibility options with support for external Braille input
- Enhanced Android Beam allowing transfer of photos and video
- Offline Voice recognition and typing
- Google Voice search is more intelligent than ever
- Updated Google Search user interface
- Google Now adds automatic information feeds to devices (weather, traffic, sports, etc)
- Bi-Directional text and additional language support
- Truly high-resolution contact photos
- USB audio output and HDMI multichannel audio output
- App encryption and Smart App updates
After a year, the jury decided yesterday that Samsung ripped off the innovative technology used by Apple to create its revolutionary iPhone and iPad.
The jury ordered Samsung to pay Apple $1.05 billion in the latest skirmish of a global legal battle between the two tech giants. An appeal is expected.
Apple filed its patent infringement lawsuit in April 2011 and engaged legions of the country’s highest-paid patent lawyers to demand $2.5 billion from its top smartphone competitor. Samsung Electronics fired back with its own lawsuit seeking $399 million.
For more information: Source
I saw this cool trick today on How2Q8, gotta try it on my friend’s Samsung since i don’t have one. 😦
It is available on any Samsung device that supports 4.0 icecream sandwich
The new Samsung Galaxy SIII is now available in Kuwait, you can order it through Blink store online, only the white one is available though for KD 250, which i find very expensive BUT i know many of you have been waiting patiently for this device so go grab it first. 😉
Order through Blink: Link
Update: I came to read our fellow blogger Aboflan post about the new Galaxy SIII, he got it directly from Al-Babtain store for KD 189 only which is way more of a reasonable price, Thank you for the information.
Update II: A friend checked in Al-Babtain and said there is no more stock, they are only reserving now. thank you Mohammad Dadkhah.
Zain is giving everyone the chance to Pre-order the new Samsung Galaxy SIII through their website, just fill your information as requested and have your device given to you once released. For me, i know am still sticking to my iPhone for now. 😀
This is the first look for the new Samsung Galaxy s3, a a Vietnamese site got their hands on it first, check the source for the video.
According to the specifications leaked, the phone houses a 4.6-inch display at 720 x 1184 without the on-screen buttons or 720 x 1280 resolution including the on-screen buttons (320 DPI, depending on whether you include those on-screen Android buttons), while a quad-core 1.4 GHz processor works on keeping the Ice Cream Sandwich OS running smoothly. Other hardware mentions include 1GB of RAM, 8-megapixel camera, 16GB of storage plus microSD capability.